Are you looking for a sea change? We have an amazing opportunity to advance your career with Bundaberg Regional Council.
Engineering Networks is thrilled to be partnering with the Bundaberg Regional Council in the search for an Infrastructure Planning Engineer. The Bundaberg Council region has a population of nearly 100,000 residents and is located at the gateway of the Southern Great Barrier reef approximately 350km north of Brisbane.
The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
Working in a collaborative hands-on environment reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Planning and working alongside a team of professional and technical staff, your primary function in this role will be to provide infrastructure planning to develop a mature infrastructure pipeline in accordance with Councils Road Investment, Active Transport and Stormwater Management strategies. The position will also provide a supporting role in program management of the capital works delivery. Your typical duties will include but not be limited to:
- Work with the team to develop the 10-year Capital Program.
- To develop, maintain, and improve the decision support systems for each infrastructure strategy of the Council.
- Support Program management to deliver the medium-term 3-year strategies
- Detailed planning and monitoring of capital works including roads, bridges, pathways, lighting and stormwater, including renewals, upgrades and new assets, ensuring that all planned works are delivered in line with works programs and budget limits.
- Provide engineering advice to Council staff, Councillors, external parties, and organisations as required.
- Supporting the Infrastructure Planning Manager as required
- Investigate, coordinate, and develop infrastructure programs to support network demand.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated and solution-focused Engineering professional who has experience in public sector infrastructure planning. You will have a passion to deliver great outcomes for the local community.
Furthermore, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or above, ideally in a Civil (or equivalent as accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer under the Washington Accord)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) is preferred but not essential
- Comprehensive knowledge of detailed design, planning and civil construction processes of roads, pathways and drainage etc.
- knowledge of asset management principles applicable to roads, drainage and active transport infrastructure.
- Ideally, you will have current demonstrated experience in dealing with key stakeholders such as Councillors, other government organisations and the general public.
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure Planning of capital works, specifically in transport-related infrastructure. This includes investigation, coordination, and development of projects.
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to produce and manage documentation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A desire to contribute to and maintain the organisation's safety, values and culture
- Ability to provide strategic and operational advice and meet the engineering, financial and compliance obligations of the planned programs
- Knowledge and experience in using computers and computer software packages for program management.
- Knowledge of TMR and other road Planning Standards
- Possession of a current 'C' Class Open Driver's License.
Bundaberg Regional Council can offer a competitive remuneration package that may consist of:
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Leadership development programs
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
Bundaberg Regional Council encourages and embraces diversity and equality. As such we encourage all people that feel they meet the selection criteria to apply, if you are an experienced infrastructure Planning Engineer with the desire and willingness to work in an organisation that is critical to the people of the Bundaberg region, please apply to this ad with an up to date copy of your resume or call James Foden on 0414 874 571 to request a copy of the Candidate Information Pack or discuss this position further.
Please note that as part of the Bundaberg Regional Council's recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be subject to a medical assessment and psychometric testing along with reference and qualification checks prior to an offer of employment being made.
Applications close, 30th October 2021