Clean workshop environment, established leader in their field, supportive team environment, training, career progression, OEM ISO accredited.
- Generous hourly rate
- Career progression
- New build and clean working environment
This is an opportunity to join a world class original engineered manufacturer (OEM) of mobile dust extraction equipment. They are an ISO accredited organisation and have machinery operating across the civil, mining and manufacturing environments both in Australia and internationally. Over the past eight years they have continued to grow and are recognised as leaders in their field.
About the role
You will be focused on assembling and commissioning new equipment builds within the workshop, taking a raw chassis and install diesel engine and drives systems, crawler undercarriage systems, hydraulic drive and control units, plus all external body work and railing. In addition, you will work alongside auto electricians who will install and calibrate the 24/12-volt CAN bus system. This is a clean workshop assembly environment, where all efforts have been made for you to work in a safe and well equipped environment.
- Interpret engineering designs and assemble new mobile units
- Install and commission Volvo and Cummins diesel engines
- Install all hydraulic drives, valving, controller and hose kits
- Conduct predelivery test and final commissioning of units
Skills and Experience
- Be a trade qualified diesel or mechanical fitter with fluid power hydraulics experience
- Have a background in heavy diesel engine, plant or mobile servicing, Volvo or Cummins engines
- An understanding of hydraulics would be an advantage
- Be able to interpret mechanical drawings, workshop manuals, hydraulic or electrical schematics
- Have a high level of pride and thoroughness in your work
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills
If you have the required skills, please click the apply button below and attach a current copy of your resume. All applicants will be notified by phone or email to the outcome of there application. The successful candidate will also be required to complete a medical.