Northern NSW Australia, beach and tree change opportunity, established pump & irrigation business, career development, industry training.
About the company
Based in the Northern New South Wales region, near Byron Bay Australia is an opportunity with a well-established and respected pump and irrigation service, sales and installation organisation. Privately owned and operating for 35 years, they are known for their prompt service, quality of work and professional approach in what they do. They have a long-standing history of providing service to the agricultural, industrial, commercial and building services sectors and presently they are looking to increase there workshop and field pump and irrigation service team.
- Generous hourly rate + Penalties + Work vehicle
- Industry training
- Variety of work – Workshop and field
- Family orientated focus
- 40 minutes to the beach and Byron Bay, 60 minutes to the Gold Coast
As a pump service and irrigation technician, you will spend your time servicing and rebuilding pumps both in the workshop and in field, meeting with clients to troubleshoot issues, installing pumps, controllers and irrigation systems and conduct general sites services and maintenance duties. As an example, you will be working on submersible, bore hole, slurry, air operated diaphragm and diesel pump systems, drip, solid set and gun irrigation systems. At times you may also be required to conducting general fabrication of structures and pump skids.
- Service, troubleshoot and disassemble pump systems
- Determine required replacement parts for repairs
- Assemble and pressure test pumps
- Site service and maintenance work
- New system installation
- Potentially have a mechanical fitting or diesel trade background
- Must have sound practical experience with pump and irrigation systems
- Understand basic schematics and mechanical designs
- Have sound verbal and written communication skills
- A restricted electrical license and the ability to weld would be a benefit, but not essential
There is a friendly and supportive attitude in the business, safety is paramount and the management promotes additional industry training.
How to apply
If you have the skills and want further information on this opportunity, please apply below with a current resume. All applicants will receive a reply by either phone or email to the progress of their application.