Are you looking to take you career to tropical QLD? If so now might be the time to advance your career with Bundaberg Regional Council.
Engineering Networks is thrilled to be partnering with the Bundaberg Regional Council in the search for a Senior Civil Engineer (Asset Management / Corridor Management). The Bundaberg Council region has a population of nearly 100,000 residents and is located at the gateway of the Southern Great Barrier reef approximately 350km north of Brisbane.
The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
Working in a collaborative hands-on environment reporting to the Road Corridor Manager and working alongside a team of professional and technical staff, your primary function in this role will be to provide engineering and technical support to the Road Corridor Manager with corridor use, asset management and renewal of road, drainage and pathway infrastructure. Your typical duties will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare asset renewal programs for road, drainage and pathway infrastructure based on best practice asset management systems, standards and practices aimed at optimizing lifecycle costs whilst meeting agreed Service Levels.
- Promote a road safety focus, identifying road safety issues and provide recommendations on appropriate remedial measures.
- Provide professional engineering advice within the Engineering Services Section.
- It is expected that the incumbent undertakes other reasonable duties and tasks requested by Management within the incumbents capabilities, including additional duties as required during periods of absence of other staff.
The ideal candidate is detail orientated and solution-focused Engineering professional who has experience in public sector asset management (corridor management). You will have a passion to deliver great outcomes for the local community.
Furthermore, you will have:
- A Bachelor of Engineering or above, ideally in a Civil (or equivalent as accredited by Engineers Australia at the level of professional engineer under the Washington Accord)
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) is essential
- Extensive experience and high-level knowledge in the planning, construction, maintenance and operation of Roads/Drainage assets in both urban and rural environments.
- High-level understanding of asset management requirements across roads, drainage and active transport infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and co-ordinate a multi-disciplines team focused on quality outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with particular emphasis in the areas of consultation, advocacy, negotiation, influencing and assertiveness in order to successfully meet changing organisational needs relevant to the work area.
- A high level of attention to detail with the ability to produce and manage documentation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A desire to contribute to and maintain the organisation's safety, values and culture
- Knowledge and experience in using computers and computer software packages for asset management.
- Knowledge of TMR and other road Planning Standards
- Possession of a current 'C' Class Open Driver's License.
Bundaberg Regional Council can offer a competitive remuneration package that may consist of:
- 72.5 hours fortnight
- Base Salary of $125,000 - $135,000 plus superannuation (to be negotiated with the suitable candidate)
- $14,000 Vehicle Allowance
- salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- Leadership development programs
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
Bundaberg Regional Council encourages and embraces diversity and equality. As such we encourage all people that feel they meet the selection criteria to apply. If you are a Senior Civil Engineer with demonstrated Asset Management / Corridor Management experience with the desire and willingness to work in an organisation that is critical to the people of the Bundaberg region, please apply to this ad with an up to date copy of your resume or call James Foden on 0414 874 571 to request a copy of the position description or discuss this position further.
Please note that as part of the Bundaberg Regional Council's recruitment process, shortlisted candidates may be subject to a medical assessment and psychometric testing along with reference and qualification checks prior to an offer of employment being made.
Applications are closing 9/12/2021