Leading global brand with state-of-the-art equipment. Excellent company culture and specific equipment training offered.
This global OEM is recognised as a Tier 1 provider of gears, drives, couplings, and industrial equipment as well as a comprehensive range of services. They are seeking an experienced Site Services Fitter, based out of their state-of-the-art Mackay Service Centre, to provide support to customers through Central and Far North Queensland.
- Assembling, servicing and maintaining industrial gear boxes and geared motors both on-site and in our Mackay Service Centre.
- Liaising with customers and maintaining a positive relationship
- Performing a high standard of work and ensuring site safety requirements are maintained
- Frequent overnight travel within QLD, with occasional interstate trips
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Mechanical trade qualification (Diesel Fitter, Plant Mechanic, Heavy Vehicle Mechanic)
- Experience in mining, sugar and construction industries viewed favourably
- Experience with mechanical power transmission, motors, gears and coupling products
- Strong focus on safety and quality
- Workshop or site maintenance experience
- Good communication skills with a customer focus
- Hard working, able to work under pressure, team player
- Valid drivers’ license
- Relevant Site inductions preferred
- Effective reporting and IT skills
- Permanent full-time role
- Competitive hourly rate and day/overnight penalty rates
- Opportunity for career growth
- Benefits of a global, professional organisation but enjoy being part of a smaller team
- Support with ongoing product training and mentoring
*As part of the recruitment process, Medical Testing, including Drug & Alcohol are performed.
If you feel you have the required skills and experience for this role, please submit your details to Engineering Networks via this advertisement.